Perex text. Easy to prepare, around 500 Kcal of energy. There should be something because of index page…
Broccoli Cheddar SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen baby broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
Place frozen broccoli florets and carrots in large pot, cover with water.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 3 minutes.
Drain vegetables in a colander and set aside.
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
Add onions and saute until tender, about 3 minutes.
SLOWLY add in flour, about a tablespoon at a time, while stirring with a whisk constantly.
Once all of the flour is added and there is a nice paste formed, slowly add chicken broth, stirring constantly with whisk.
Add milk slowly, continuing to stir.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Once mixture reaches a boil, slowly add cheese, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
Add broccoli and carrots, salt, pepper, garlic, nutmeg, and bay leaf. Stir well to combine.
Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.