Today I have something special for you – my favorite vegetarian soup Pozole Verde. So if you do not need meat everyday or you do not eat it at all check it out! Pozole Verde recipe is very easy.
- 8 cups Better Than Bouillon, Vegan Chicken Broth, made per instructions on the package
- 1 can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large Bell Pepper, diced (we used an orange one but really any color would be nice)
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 large ripe Tomatillos, husked and diced (will be a little over a cup)
- 1 large Red Onions, diced very small
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 can White Homney, rinsed and drained (if you live somewhere where you can use fresh Homney go for it! )
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro (you’ll want more to sprinkle over the top)
- 2 Cups Vegan Pork (see above)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 Radishes, sliced
- 1 Fresh Avocado, sliced
- 4 Limes, quartered
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
Set your slow cooker to high and toss in all your ingredients except Vegan Pork, Cooking Spray, Radishes, Avocados and Limes and mix. Cover and let simmer for 2 hours. Keep an eye on your soup and stir once in while. Once your Onions get so tender they start to kinda melt into your soup – like you would see in French onion soup – you’re soup is ready to serve.
While your soup is cooking see instructions below.
Toss all your in ingredients except Vegan Pork, Cooking Spray, Radishes, Avocados and Lime in your largest stew pot and mix. Heat over a medium heat until your soup begins to boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer while stirring occasionally for about an hour or until your Onions are so tender they begin to melt into your soup. You’re looking for your Onions to be similar to what you’d find in French Onion Soup. Once you’ve got that – you’re ready to serve your soup.
While your soup is cooking…
Heat your oven to 375.
Spray a glass baking dish with Olive Oil Cooking Spray and toss in your Vegan Pork. Bake your Vegan Pork for about 20 minutes or until your edges are crispy.
Slice your Avocado and cut your Limes. Give your soup one last taste before serving and add any salt or pepper you need.
Serve your soup hot with Vegan Pork, Avocado slices, Fresh Cilantro, Radish Slices and some Lime wedges to squeeze over the top.